Sunday, April 10, 2011

March 24, 2011

Hey everyone! Thats way exciting about being temple guides mom and dad. I'm sure that will be an absolutely amazing experience. You'll both do great and I can't wait to hear all about it!!! Well its been another great week here at the MTC. Classes have been going well and I've been learning a lot about how to be an effective teacher. Last night Elder Hall and I taught in Armenian again to a return missionary. No funny stories about teaching this time but it was truly a great learning experience. We were supposed to teach about the Restoration and I was worried that I wouldnt be able to remember how to say everything. I felt like I hadn't made much progress from last week and I was just really nervous. When we got in there I calmed down a bit and words that I didn't think I'd remember came to my mind and I was able to remember most of the stuff I was so worried about remembering. I know that the Lord answers prayers. I wasn't able to say some things I wanted to say which is extrememely frustrating but I know that as I keep working hard that I'll continue to remember more and more. I just have to take things one step and a time. Afterwards, one of my teachers, Brother White, talked to all of us and I learned a very important lesson. The purpose of us teaching in the TRC to return missionaries is not so that we can learn the language. Thats part of it, but language learning is done in the classroom. The purpose of teaching in the TRC is to learn to teach with the Spirit. I realized that I had been going into teach solely thinking about myself and how I was going to remember how to say things. I forget the scripture in D&C but it says that every man will get to here the gospel in their own tongue. Brother White reminded me that I am not going to Armenia to speak Armenian. I'm going to Armenia to help others feel the Spirit and come unto Christ. What a great lesson to learn! I'm glad I was able to learn that now and not later on down the road. So I'm focusing this week on doing my best to teach with the Spirit in Armenian. Its tough when you don't have a lot you can say but I know it will help me as I go forward in my mission. So, funny companion story of the week. This is a great one haha. Elder Hall has been sick for a couple of days now and he was also sick that first weekend we were here in the MTC. Well 3 weeks ago Elder Hall went through 10 boxes of tissues. Yes 10! haha. So we went this large group meeting with all 2,000 missionaries and you're not supposed to get up and leave and his nose was like a faucet. Of course, he only had 2 tissues. So he stuck two small pieces of tissue up his nose (it was so weird) and after the meeting when he went to get it out he accidently pushed it up further. Well he continued to blow his nose every two seconds so I figured it came out. Well fast forward two weeks to yesterday. We had to go to the ENT at the hospital in Provo to get his nose checked. The doctor went up there to see why he had a sinus infection and what do you think he found? The dissolving tissues up his nose!! hahaha. I was dying laughing! Only Elder Hall. The doctor had to suck all the gunk out of his nose kinda like what they did for me after my nose surgery. I honestly couldnt believe thats what it was. haha. I have an interesting companion thats for sure. Gotta love him haha. Well I'm running out of time but I wanted to share one important thing I learned this week. One of my teachers said, "Happiness is a choice, not a destination". This is so true. Life is what you make it and no matter how dark your day may seem, there's always a ray of sunshine somewhere. Its up to you to make it more. I hope everyone has a great week and that you are all happy. I am as happy as can be and grateful to be serving the Lord. I love you all!
 

1 comment:

  1. London... I'm so glad you started this blog about Max's mission. I love reading his letters! He sounds so good. I hope your doing well. I heard you moved over by the Walker's. We need to have you over. Chelsey will be living in Pocatello for the summer, but will be quite a bit, so we will definitely get together. Love You Julie

    ReplyDelete