Sunday, April 10, 2011

March 10, 2011

Hey guys!,
I hope everyone is doing well and knows that I love them. I don't have much time to email so I'm going to try to tell you about my MTC stay thus far as fast as I can. Well there are three other missionaries learning Armenian with me. Two of them are serving in Armenia as well (Elder Hall and Elder Smith), but one of them is going to Arcadia California Armenian Speaking (Elder Buel). Elder Hall is my companion and things have been going pretty good so far. A little about Elder Hall: He was homeschooled (Yep you already know what that means) haha. He's basically lived in a bubble for the past 19 years of his life. The best way I can describe him so that you can understand is that he is just like my college roommate Paul, the only difference being that he will talk from the second the alarm clock goes off to the second you turn the lights out at night haha. He's a great guy though and I'm lucky to have an obedient companion here in the MTC. I'll share some stories next time when I have a little more time. Well the Armenian language is pretty difficult. We are actually here longer than anyone in the MTC. We beat out the Chinese speaking missionaries by a couple days. Armenian has 39 letters in the alphabet and they all make a ridiculous sound haha. I have it all memorized though and I can say a few short sentences. We are just working on grammar and on increasing our vocab right now. It's coming along really well though and I am picking it up faster than I thought I would. Just goes to show you the importance of the Spirit and that you can do anything when you have it with you. I'm still a LONG ways away from speaking it and all that good stuff so for now I'm just working hard and giving it my best. I know that the Lord will help me as long as I do my part. We spend probably 5 or 6 hours in the classroom learning the language each day. I know it sounds awful but I actually really like it. I think its a lot of fun. We'll see if I'm still saying that in a couple weeks though haha. Well I'm running out of time so I have to start wrapping it up. Thank you for sending me the dear elders. Send me as much as you want haha. Its so awesome to have mail and I like being able to see how everyone is doing. Oddly it helps me stay focused so don't stop! Well I love you all and hope everyone is doing well. I'm doing great and I love it here in the MTC. At times I just want to get out of here and be in Armenia already but I love the Spirit that is here. I know that I'm where I'm supposed to be. There's no greater work that I could be doing. I love this gospel and I am honored to be able to represent the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment