Saturday, April 30, 2011

April 28, 2011

Hey! I hope everyone has had a great week and that everyone had a great Easter! Thanks mom and dad for the Easter basket!!! That was awesome. I'm having a hard time finishing off all the cookies and sweets haha. The other elders say thank you for their cookies too. They were all way happy about that. So thank you so much! Just a heads up with my eye... Elder Hall and I went to the eye doctor last friday and got my eye checked out. There were two red spots on it and it had been like that for a couple weeks so I wasn't starting to get worried. Turns out my right eye was infected. Nothing too serious but they gave me some antibiotic eye drops that I have to put in my eyes four times a day. Its almost all gone! I've been wearing my glasses for the last 3 weeks and they said I can put my contacts back in on friday. So, no worries mom, nothing serious haha. Other than that everything has been going great here. Same old, same old. The language has been coming along steadily. I've been working really hard, both on the language and on the spiritual aspect of things. Its amazing to be able to evaluate yourself at the end of each week and see how much growth can take place. I've found that as I put the proper time to spiritual strengthen myself that the learning the language comes so much easier. Having the spirit is so integral in learning the language and in being a successful missionary. Its so important that we put the time in to strengthen ourselves spiritually so that we can have that added strength to accomplish the other tasks of life. I think that can apply in anyones life. No matter it is that you're doing. Michael left the mtc this week and Dan left last week. We all were able to get some pictures together and I'll send those home soon. Mark is in the same language building as me so I see him a couple times a day. He is doing great. You can just tell hes going to be an amazing missionary. I've also been writing Andrew and Travis back and forth. Its so great to be able to hear from them and hear about all the great things they're doing in the field. Its made me realize how unbelievably blessed that I've been to have great friends and examples in my life. Elder Oaks came and spoke to us last night. It was amazing. I can't believe we've had two apostles in back to back weeks. He just threw so much information and knowledge at us. I could barely write it all down. haha. I'll definitely be reviewing those over the next few weeks. I'm officially a little under 3 weeks left and I should get my flight plans this next week! haha. I'm way excited. I'm also doing my best to focus on the task at hand haha. I know that I've got 3 weeks until its Armenian 24/7 so not a minute is going to waste haha. Thank you for all your support! I love you and miss you all so much! I hope you all have a great week and know that you're all in my prayers!
 
Love,
Elder Fairclough

No comments:

Post a Comment