Saturday, April 30, 2011

April 21, 2011

Hey everyone! It's been an exciting couple weeks. First off, congratulations to Rachel and Isaiah!!!! I'm so happy for the both of you and I'm really glad that Claire is doing well. I'm so thankful I had the opportunity to go see Isaiah. He definitely caught me by surprise when he pulled out his phone and showed me a picture of this little baby girl! haha. I'm so glad I got to see her. She is so cute and tiny! haha. And also, congratulations to Rachel and Isaiah on graduating this week! I'm so proud of the both of you! Second, now that apparently the cat is out of the bag, congratulations to London and Mike on having a kid on the way! And lastly, congratulations mom and dad on being grandparents! haha. I'm sure that both of you are in heaven right now. These are definitely some exciting times for our family and I hope you all know how thankful I am for you and for the support and care you give to me. I could not have asked for a better family. Well, its been another good and productive week in the MTC. The language is coming along well and Elder Hall and I are definitely improving our teaching skills. I can't believe I've been here 7 weeks arleady. It's all gone by so fast. And I only have 3 and a half more weeks left too. Now thats a scary thought. I am anxious and ready to get to Armenia but I don't quite feel like I know enough haha. I have a pretty good feeling that I'm going to feel that way regardless for the next couple months. I know I'm just going to have to work harder than ever these next few weeks so that I can be as ready as I possibly can. I know that as long as I do my part and am giving it my all that the Lord will help me with my many inattiquicies. This week one of the coolest things of my life happened. Every Tuesday night we have a devotional and its usually a General Authority but this past Tuesday Elder Richard G. Scott came. It was absolutely amazing. The Spirit was so strong and he gave such a powerful talk. At the end of his talk he had all the missionaries who are learning a language raise their hand. He stared out and about atleast half if not 3/4 of the crowds hands were up. He was quiet for a moment and then he said by the authority of my apostleship and by all the keys which I hold, I confer the gift of tongues upon you all. It kind of took me back. It was so powerful. Afterwards he said, that doest mean you don't have to study anymore, but I promise you that you'll find it easier. I felt such peace and comfort with what he said. Learning Armenian, as well as any language I'm sure, can be extremely frustrating and difficult. But I know the Lord is there helping me and everyone else here in the MTC. I am so grateful that we are never alone and that as we are doing the things that we should, we can have the Holy Ghost with us and that we can be strengthened and guided through whatever obstacle is in our way. I am so thankful to have the opportunity to serve a mission! I know that this church is true and I consider myself so blessed to be able to serve the Lord. I hope everyone is having a great week and that you all know that I love you and miss you! Thank you for the letters and the support! Keep it comin! haha. Hope all is well!
 
Love,
Elder Fairclough
 
P.S.
My P-day here in the MTC is going to be on Wednesday from now on. Just a heads up. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment