Thursday, April 19, 2012

April 16, 2012

Hey everyone!

How are you all doing this week? I know I say this a lot, but it
really was great to be able to read your emails and see that you are
all doing well and are happy. It sounds like you all had a great week
and that Grandpa's funeral went well. It is so great to hear that our
family came together the way that they did and that everyone was able
to pitch in and be a part of it. That is what it is all about. I'm
sure the love could be felt and was seen by others. I'm so thankful to
be a Fairclough! And that is so cool that President Monson came and
spoke at Grandpa's funeral. I was really touched by that. As a Prophet
I can only imagine what his days are like and what his schedule is,
but he took the time to go to Grandpa's funeral. What a great example
of love and service. I know that President Monson is God's Prophet on
the earth today and I'm sure that you were all able to feel that on
Saturday.
Things are all going really well here. Again, no complaints! I really
can't believe that I'm back at this computer writing you all again. It
does not feel like another week has come and gone. The work is going
well here. Elder Peterson and I are enjoying the work and trying to
keep things moving along and even pick up a little more. We are
working hard and giving it our best and we've seen a lot of good
blessings come from that this last week. We were able to pick up a few
new investigators and we are hoping to add even more to our teaching
pool this next week. We picked up a woman named Angin, which in
Armenian means priceless haha. I thought that was pretty cool. But she
is a great woman, with a really sad story. Something happened with her
legs to the point that they are so big that she can't walk. She hasn't
walked for 8 years and as we sat down with her for the first time we
were able to see the toll it has taken on her. She cried as she
explained her situation. It is always sad to see how some people are
placed in such difficult situations, yet keep such great faith. It is
a great reminder to me. Since being in Armenian I've seen so many
people in such difficult situations, yet there faith in Christ is
solid and sure. How can I look at the problems I have and even think
about complaining or thinking why they've come my way? It really has
been a great life lesson for me. I know that the gospel can help this
lady and heal up the pains and sorrows that she has. That is the best
part about being a missionary, even though we see people in all kinds
of different situations, we have what will make them truly happy.
Abraham was like that. He has had a really rough past and he was
telling me that he has had many friends that have helped him with
money or clothes, but we've given him the greatest gift that there is,
this gospel. It is kind of like the analogy of giving a man a fish and
he eats for a day, but teach him how to fish and he eats for a
lifetime. We also picked up a woman named Greta. We have taught her
before and had to part ways with her but she called me yesterday
before church and said she wanted to come. We watched conference in
church yesterday and she stayed the entire time. I was really
disappointed to see that 3/4 of our members left after the first
session. But her and Abraham stayed for it all. I thought that was
pretty cool. Watching conference in Armenian was pretty crazy. Let's
just say it was a humbling experience...haha. The words they used were
really proper and the translation was really fast cause everyone is
trying to fit their talk into a time slot. I'm just glad that we were
able to watch it in English. It was a good experience as well cause
last conference I watched a few minutes from the Armenian translation
and I didn't understand anything. So I was able to see how far I have
come.
Watching conference in English went well also. I've only seen Saturday
and half of Sunday though. This last week when we were watching
Sunday's session after District Meeting, the bathrooms in the church
started to flood and we all ended up spending the next hour or two
trying to clean it up and keep it from spreading haha. It was quite
the event. I'm really excited to see the rest of Sunday and Priesthood
session. I'm hoping it will be this next week but we'll have to wait
and see. I love President Eyring's and Elder Holland's talks from
Saturday. I always love it when the both of them speak. I know that
President Monson is our Prophet on the earth today and that we have
twelve apostles who all hold the Priesthood authority of God. I'm so
thankful for conference, that we can gather together as saints and
here the things that God wants us to hear at this time in our lives.
Abraham wanted me to tell you all hi and that he is thankful that you
sent me so that I could help him find the true path. That is exactly
what he wanted me to tell you haha. I love you all and am so thankful
for our family and for the blessings that come from the temple. I know
that this church is true and I am thankful for the happiness that that
fact brings to me in my life. I love you all so much and hope that you
have a great week! I can't wait to hear from you all next week!

Love,

Elder Fairclough

1 comment:

  1. Добавление сайтов происходит на платной основе. За символическую плату 1$ владельцы сайтов получают вечную обратную прямую ссылку, которая останется в каталоге навсегда.

    При переводе денег на WMZ-кошелёк: Z170802899701 следует указать в комментарии платежа, адрес вашего сайта (URL) и контактный E-mail.

    List Web Catalog - Google Sites

    ReplyDelete