Sunday, February 26, 2012

February 6, 2012

Hey everyone!

Like I say every week, it was great to hear from you all and to see that you are all doing well. No complaints here either! This last week was full of some ups and downs but the week ended on a very good up so we'll just go ahead and say that the whole week was really good haha. But Elder Rackham and I are having a good time together and are working hard. Here's something pretty funny. He told his family last week that I was from Georgia and they all wrote him back asking him how it is like being with someone from another country and to just stay patient and realize that people from other countries do things a little differently... Apparently, they thought I was from the country of Georgia. Sadly, I'm sure the advice still applies. Either way he is prepared now haha. As for the work, all is well. This last week was kind of rough for meeting with our investigators. None of them could meet which put us
out on the street which wasn't too effective. It was actually really good cause we were able to see what we need to do with some of our investigators and see which investigators we need to let go of for now. So, right now we are focusing on finding the elect haha. We had a really cool experience yesterday after church though. We were walking back home and I was walking kind of fast and then all of a sudden realized that Elder Rackham wasn't beside me anymore. So I turn around and see that he is talking to these two men. The first thing one one of them said to me was that he wanted to meet with our president cause he wants to be sealed with his wife. I was like who are you haha. But turns out he is a member from Russia and is now living down here with his wife and her parents. And he was with his wife's dad. So, we took them back to our Branch President and sat down and met with them and
apparently he is a member but his wife isn't and her father isn't either. We ended up meeting with the both of them and picked up the father and hopefully we will pick up his wife this next week! It
really was an answer to my prayers. I feel like this last week was a prove up week for Elder Rackham and I and I'm just glad that Elder Rackham was paying more attention at the time than I was! It gets
cooler though. After meeting with them I asked the one guy where in Russia he was from and he said Samara. I told him that my best friend's brother was serving up there not too long ago and I told him
his name was Elder Bolt and he said that he recognized him. Small world huh? I'll definitely let you all know how meeting with the rest of their family goes. Hopefully well! Also, yesterday was fast and testimony meeting in our branch. It is always so great to hear the testimonies of the people here and how they came to know that this is true. It is funny how much it is like America too. A little kid, probably 7 years old, got up yesterday and talked about the adulterer who was thrown at Jesus's feet and how he forgave her. I was so surprised that he knew that story and that of all the ones to share he decided to share that one haha. Gotta love the random stories. A guy we invited to church came!...but he was drunk haha. He made things a little interesting. Hopefully we can help him work that out. This last week we also went down to Artashat for a baptismal interview. I had to conduct it and it was for a little 8 year old girl. She was so smart for being 8 years old! I was so amazed. It was a really interesting experience. I ended up giving her one of those ctr rings that you sent me mom and she loved it. The sisters in that branch called me last night and told me that she went around church yesterday showing everyone her ring haha. So good work mom. Other than that, everthing else is going great! The weather has gotten pretty cold here. Everyone keeps telling me that in about a month things should start heating up though so I'm looking forward to that. Right now it is just snowy out until the middle of the day and then it all turns to slush, which always makes these interesting haha. I've been wearing my boots though so I haven't fallen in a while. Now that I've said that, I'm sure I'll fall by the end of the day haha. But I'm staying warm and layering up! I think that is about it for this last week. I love you all and am so thankful for your support and for all that you all do for me. I couldn't ask for a greater family! I hope you all have a great week and I can't wait to hear from you next week!

Love,

Elder Fairclough

No comments:

Post a Comment