Tuesday, August 9, 2011

August 9, 2011

My dear family,

Hey! I hope everyone is doing well! I'm glad that you all have been able to be with each other this weekend. I hope you all know how very much I love all of you! And I'm so happy to hear that Claire's baby blessing went well. Give her a big hug for me! And send me some pictures of her please! haha. This is going to be a little shorter than most weeks, sorry! We are in Yerevan doing email and we don't have much time. But I'll do my best to fill you all in on everything. haha
Well, everything is going really great here in Armenia! The work is going really well also. I've got some great news... Tadevos, Lusine, and Tigran all passed their baptismal interviews this past week!!!!! Elder Steglich and I were so so happy for them. They are such an amazing family! The plan is for them to be baptized this Saturday so hopefully it all works out that way. If it does, I'll send some pictures next week. And I'll tell you all a little bit more about them all in my email next week. Everything else is going really great! Silva is doing really well too. She is fitting in with the branch great and she is already starting to help us out with the work! haha. She is a such great missionary. We are teaching her sister-in-law and her-daughter-in law now and she is helping us with both of them so much. Its so great to see these people come into the church and have that desire to share the gospel with others. We didn't have a lot of time to do missionary this past week unfortunately so not a whole lot new has happened. We spent a lot of time in Yerevan for training this past week. I'll definitely have a lot more to share next week though.
I'm so thankful to be a missionary for the Lord and to be serving here in Armenia. I love these people so much! I really came to realize that this past Sunday during testimony meeting. It was such a spiritual experience to sit there and listen to their powerful testimonies about this church. I marvel at the changes some of these people have made in their life in order to grow closer to Christ and join his church. I forget sometimes how new the church is here, but despite that so many of their testimonies are solid and steadfast. This past week we had a lot of training, and part of that we were trained on helping investigators become truly converted. How the only way to conversion is through the Holy Ghost. We were taught about helping investigators to have experiences with the Holy Ghost and receiving revelation through the Book of Mormon, praying like Moroni taught, and church attendance. As I thought back over my life, I realized that my testimony has come from these three things. I have a sure testimony of the Book of Mormon is true and that this is Christ's church on the earth today, because I have read the Book of Mormon and I have prayed to know that it is true. We were trained on helping investigators having similar experiences as we have so that they can have that sure testimony as well. After the training I decided to do my best to apply these things in my personal life first, so that I can teach it with more power. I never realized how much I have taken for granted the great gift of the Holy Ghost. I've had some great experiences with revelation this past week. This Sunday was such a spiritual experience for me. Its so easy to get caught up in other things. In church the past couple weeks I had been so focused on writing down words I don't know and trying to understand that I missed out on the spiritual guidance I could have received. That happens so often in life. We get caught up in other things and moving a hundred miles per hour that we miss out on experiences like that. I hope that all of you will try to have similar experiences in your lives this next week. If you're not, take 30 minutes out of your day and read from the Book of Mormon. I know you already have testimonies of this church's truthfulness, but pray the way Moroni directs; with a pure heart, real intent, and having faith in Christ. I promise your testimony will be strengthened and you will feel His love and the Holy Ghost's presence in your life more fully. Do your best to listen to the talks in church with an attitude of what can I improve in my life. And look around for those who may need your help. I'm eternally grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the testimony that I have. I haven't seen God and Jesus Christ as Joseph Smith did, but I know with as much surety as if I have. I know from the Holy Ghost. I hope that you will all have some great experiences with the Holy Ghost this next week. You will never be led astray as you have the Holy Ghost as your guide.
 I love you all with all my heart! I'm so thankful for each and every one of you. For your testimonies, examples, support, and love. Know that you are all in my prayers daily. I'm sorry again for the shortness of this email haha. I will have much more to fill you all in on next week. Promise! Have a great week and know that I love you!

Love,

Elder Fairclough

No comments:

Post a Comment