Thursday, May 19, 2011

May 11, 2011

Hey! How is everyone doing this week?! Its been another great week here in the MTC. Mom, did you get my package that I sent you? I sent it to Rachel Saturday morning hoping that it would get to you that day but you did mention it in your dearelder the other day... I hope you got it! haha. I love you mom and I am so thankful for you and for all that you do/have done for me. Happy late Mother's day! So, I got my flight plans last Thursday. It made me laugh that you called trying to figure out where all I was flying to. They probably thought you were some crazy parents trying to meet me at the airport! haha. But here it goes (*All the times for these are for the specific time zone of that place. I wasn't able to figure out what times it would all be for you in Georgia and Utah cause I don't know all the time changes but you can check it out and work it all out.: Elder Hall, Elder Smith, and myself are flying out of SLC airport at 11:11 am Monday morning. We are leaving for the airport at around 8 so I should be able to call around 10ish. We fly from SLC to O'Hare in Chicago. We land there around 3:12 pm and have a long layover. We don't fly out of O Hare until 8:50 so I've got another 5 hourish time block that I can call. We then fly from O Hare to Munich at 8:50 pm and land in Munich at 12:30 pm (Not sure the time differences here so you'll have to let me know haha). We then have about a 3 hour layover. We fly from Munich to Vienna next. We fly out of Munich at 3:25 pm and land in Vienna at 4:30 pm. We then have a 6 hour layover haha. We fly out of Vienna at 10:20 pm and get to Armenia at 4:35 am. What a long trip! haha. I'm going to be exhausted but I am way excited. You'll all have to plan out what times those layovers are for you all. Its up to you how we do it as well. I'm allowed to call immediate family. So we can do big conference calls or I can call people individually. You all work it out and just let me know! haha. I was planning on calling during each layover and atleast just let you know I'm there and what not. I'm way excited to talk to you all and see how you all are doing. I'm so excited to go to Armenia. I have never been this excited for anything in my life haha. I am definitely nervous about the language but I've worked hard and done my best here in the MTC and I know that as I continue to put in my end, that the Lord will help with the rest. I'm doing my best to just stay faithful and trust in my preparations. Easier said than done but I'm doing my best. All that I aside, I am extremely ready and pumped to be in Armenia. I'm ready to teach actual investigators and play a role in changing lives and bringing them to that same happiness that this gospel has offered me. Last night at our devotional Elder Anderson of the Quorum of the 12 apostles came and spoke to us. It was so great! I've heard 3 apostles in the past 4 weeks haha. He talked about the Atonement and the importance of it in our lives and the importance that it can have in our investigators lives. He said something that really touched me, that God's goodness doesn't keep us from worldly sorrows. And that no matter what we are going through, we have the assurance and the comfort of knowing that Christ descended bellow all things so that he could comprehend all things. I know that Christ is with us in our lives and that no matter what, we are never alone. I am so thankful for this great truth! I know that Christ is with me and he is with all of you! He loves you and knows you by name. I love you all and hope you all have a great week. I can't wait to talk to you Monday. DearElder me let me know what you come up with about how to go about calling! haha. Thanks for all of you love and support!
Love,
Elder Fairclough

No comments:

Post a Comment